The ACA recognizes the strain the recent two school cancellations may have placed on all NECC employees, especially this late in the semester. We are, therefore, canceling the 12/9 ACA forum so that we can take the time to serve our students during a vulnerable period of the semester. You may find committee updates on the website below as they become available.
For more information or questions, please contact Sheila Muller, at 978-556-3342, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Review and recommendation of the Public Safety Proposal presented by Chief Crafts and VP McCarthy
• Settlement of transportation issues stemming from the beginning of the semester. The Spring schedule is updated with the five-minute delay (on specific busses) and further negotiations will be explored once the 2-year academic schedule is finalized.
• Working on improving communication between the standing committees to work more as an effective team
• Discussed the Executive Committee’s involvement with the next strategic plan with President Lane
• Focus on learning more about non-credit offerings at NECC and the benefits provided to the college by offering these types of courses.
• Discussed the benefits of community partnerships and the overall mission of NECC to support the community.
• Discussed the MCCC contract and requested the support of President Glenn. The committee was pleased with his immediate response and show of support.
• Received updates regarding the overall budget, the culinary building, the police academy, and MassHire.