What is the All College Assembly?
The purpose of the All College Assembly is not to perform administration but to advise on executive and operating policies both before they are adopted and after implementation.
Please find out more information regarding the All College Assembly by viewing the Charter 2012 Revised&Approved.
Spring 2020 Governance Elections Results
The ACA would like to thank the following individuals for joining the governance team:
- Melanie Batista-Ortiz
- Steven DiLeo
- Laura Mondt
- Janel D’Agata Lynch
Thanks for your passion and dedication,
Sheila Muller -Chair Executive Committee and ACA
Thank you for joining us on our first New Member Orientation–Thanks to my Executive Committee members for helping our new initiates feel welcomed and supported!
- The Executive Committee shall meet with the president at least two times each semester, to establish committee and Assembly priorities, and discuss ongoing concerns.
- When appropriate, the Executive Committee will establish sub-committees of its own members or task forces which may consist of any Assembly members, to resolve important issues or address policy matters not being addressed by other committees.
- The Executive Committee will consult with the other standing committees when such matters may overlap with their concerns.
- The Executive Committee will seek input from all Assembly members, as well as the president, on a regular basis, as to what issues are most important, and will seek the advice of the president and any other interested parties when a task force or sub-committee is to be formed.
Academic Affairs Committee
- The Academic Affairs Committee shall make curriculum recommendations to the president regarding all proposals for changes, additions, and deletions in all curricula offered by all divisions of the college. In addition, the committee may recommend changes in college-wide academic policy and standards.
The Finance Committee
- The Finance Committee shall make recommendations to the president with respect to the allocation of all funds within the proposed and approved budget of the college (providing that such recommendations do not violate collective bargaining laws and agreements) and may review at any time the expenditure of all approved allotments of funds within past completed operating budgets. In performing these functions, the Finance Committee shall have timely access to all necessary information through its chairperson or his/her designee.
The Information Technology Committee
- The Information Technology Committee shall make recommendations/changes concerning any activities and concerns relevant to the information technology of the College.
The Student Affairs Committee
- The Student Affairs Committee shall consider and make recommendations concerning all areas of student life including but not necessarily limited to recruitment, admissions, orientation, advising, retention, student services, diversity issues, student activities, classroom climate, and student morale.
How is the ACA governed?
According to the ACA charter: “This Charter gives life, on paper, to representative participation by employees in the college community.”
What are its Core Values?
The NECC Core Values were adopted during our last Strategic Plan by the entire college. They represent the values we believe exist at NECC among all who work here.
Read the Core Values.
Have questions for the All College Assembly?
For general questions, email
The All College Assembly at email@example.com
For specific committee questions, contact
Sheila Muller – Chairperson of the Executive Committee
at x3342 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Patricia Willett – Chairperson of the Academic Affairs Committee
at x7517 or email her at email@example.com
Patricia Machado – Chairperson of the Finance Committee
at x3316 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lori Heymans – Chairperson of the Information Technology Committee
at x3230 or email her at email@example.com
Isabelle Gagne – Chairperson of the Student Affairs Committee
at x3364 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org