The process currently being used for outcomes assessment work at NECC formally began in the fall of 2005. At that time, the Guide for Developing and Implementing an Outcomes Assessment Plan was written to assist faculty in this work.
The NECC outcomes assessment process begins with the development of a program outcomes and curriculum map, typically done in conjunction with a program review. The outcomes and curriculum map lists program objectives and associated desired learning outcomes along with courses in the program’s curriculum related to those outcomes.
Each year, programs conduct assessments related to selected outcomes. Assessment results are analyzed and interpreted, and appropriate action plans developed. This work is detailed in program assessment summaries. It is also presented by faculty in annual college-wide assessment summits.
To support outcomes and assessment work, the Help for Outcomes Assessment Committee, consisting of faculty and administrators, was formed in the fall of 2005.
General Outcomes Assessment Guide
Program Outcomes and Curriculum Maps
- Template for assessment documentation
- E-Series form
- Sample program outcomes assessment summary reports
- Radiography (2015-2016)
- Human Services (2014-2015)
- Dental Assisting (2014)
- Engineering Science (2013)
- General Studies: Dance Option (2013)
- Human Services (2013)
- Accounting (2011)
- Early Childhood Education (2011)
- Graphic Design (2010)
- Human Services (2010)
- Liberal Arts (2010)
- Liberal Arts: Biology Option (2010)
- Elementary Education (2009)
- Liberal Arts: Journalism/Communication Option (2009)
- Early Childhood Education (2008)
- Electronic Technology: Computer Systems Option (2008)
- Graphic Design (2008)