The Employee Assistance Program, Higher Ed EAP is available for employees to help you resolve personal difficulties that may be affecting the quality of your life. EAP programs are designed to assist with personal concerns ranging from marriage, family, substance abuse, emotional stress, legal, financial, or any other issues that can be minimized with professional EAP assistance.
Free unlimited and confidential telephone counseling is available 24/7 by calling 1-800-252-4555. In addition, employees can also receive up to three (3) initial face to face counseling sessions, also at no cost.
Merrimack Valley Gas Explosion Resources:
In support of all faculty and staff who were affected by the gas explosions, fires, power outages and displaced from their homes, we want to remind employees about support services available through our Employee Assistance Program, Higher Ed EAP. Through their Trauma Response services, trained counselors and other certified personnel ready to respond to the needs of those affected by this disaster.
Free and confidential telephone counseling, is available 24/7 by calling the professional counselors at 1-800-252-4555 or 1-800-225-2527. (Please mention Northern Essex Community College as your employer.) In addition, employees can receive up to three (3) initial face-to-face counseling sessions, also at no cost. In addition, there is a wide array self-help resources available on-line at: www.HigherEdEAP.com on topics such as: 21 Things You Can Do While You’re Living Through a Traumatic Experience, How Traumatic Experiences Affect People, and Finding and Choosing a Therapist.
Our thoughts continue to be with all those affected by the Merrimack Valley disaster.
Your EAP benefits also include Lifestyle Benefits:
- Apex Nutrition – receive a free nutrition assessment with feedback on eating and lifestyle habits. Individualized nutrition plans are available to purchase.
- Bally Total Fitness – receive a discount on the Bally Total Fitness program.
- Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness Center – receive a free one week membership along with a discounted enrollment fee.
- Jenny Craig – receive a free 30-day program and a discount on a Premium Program.
- SmokEnders – receive a discount on the Learn to Quit Kit. Free unlimited support through a toll-free hotline is also available.
- Weight Watchers Online – receive a discount on a 3-month subscription to their online program
- Workouts for You – receive a discount on a yearly membership for their online fitness services.
To access these and other EAP benefits 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-252-4555 or log on to the Higher Ed EAP website: www.higheredeap.com.
To access the website and resources for employees:
- Log on to www.higheredeap.com
- Click on the employee & family login button.
- If you have already created a User Name and Password, simply enter that info in the appropriate boxes. If you have not registered, complete steps 4-7.
- Click on register here.
- Enter Northern Essex Community College and click continue.
- Your employer’s name will appear; select the button and click continue.
- Fill out the registration form and create your own user name and password, then click continue. You only need to register once.
Download the Higher ED EAP Brochure [PDF].