Northern Essex Community College Administrators’ Association
The Northern Essex Community College Administrators’ Association is a professional organization dedicated to advocating for the improvement of the economic and professional well-being of its members and furthering the mission of the college. In addition, the organization exists to:
- Provide an organized forum to discuss common issues;
- Review interpretations and implementation of the personnel policies of the Board of Higher Education;
- Support and promote academic excellence through scholarships; and
- Pursue other related matters which affect the interests of the membership.
Membership is open to all full or part time (half time or greater) non-unit professionals and non-unit confidential secretaries, who are not members of the professional or other bargaining units as designated by the Massachusetts Labor Relations Commission. Dues are $25 per year, $10 of which goes to a scholarship fund for NECC students.
Congratulations to Amber Hernandez, the 2016 NECCAA Scholarship winner! Amber is an engineering major planning to transfer to UMass Lowell to study Biomedical Engineering.
General membership meetings are held throughout the year. In addition, the Executive Board meets regularly, including periodic meetings with the college President.
President: Joan Scionti
Vice President: Sharon McDermot
Secretary: Lynne Nadeau
Treasurer: Irene Chalek
Members at Large (3): Janice Rogers, Ernie Greenslade, Wendy Shaffer
Past President: Donna Bertolino
Elections are held on a yearly basis: Offices are open to all members.
- Information sharing, peer interaction, and camaraderie;
- Member advocacy and support;
- Discussion and analysis of issues of common concern; and
- Potential to access group legal fund.
- Continued leadership in interpretation of management and non-unit classified packages and member support;
- Advocacy for Retirement Incentive Program;
- Improving working conditions through attention to Health, Safety, and Environment; and
- Promoting Professional Development Opportunities.
If you would like to join NECCAA please contact Irene Chalek, Treasurer at 978-556-1217, or email@example.com, office location: Lawrence Riverwalk Campus, LRW315.