Northern Essex Community College Administrators’ Association
The Northern Essex Community College Administrators’ Association is a professional organization dedicated to advocating for the improvement of the economic and professional well-being of its members and furthering the mission of the college. In addition, the organization exists to:
- Provide an organized forum to discuss common issues;
- Review interpretations and implementation of the personnel policies of the Board of Higher Education;
- Support and promote academic excellence through scholarships; and
- Pursue other related matters which affect the interests of the membership.
Membership is open to all full or part time (half time or greater) non-unit professionals and non-unit confidential secretaries, who are not members of the professional or other bargaining units as designated by the Massachusetts Labor Relations Commission. Dues are $25 per year, $10 of which goes to a scholarship fund for NECC students.
Congratulations to Jessica Riley, the 2017 NECCAA Scholarship winner! After completing her Associate’s Degrees in Business Transfer and Business Management at NECC this year, Jessica plans to transfer to Southern New Hampshire University to pursue her Bachelor’s Degree.
General membership meetings are held throughout the year. In addition, the Executive Board meets regularly, including periodic meetings with the college President.
Governance – 2017/18 Executive Board
- President: Mike Hearn
- Vice President: Sharon McDermot
- Secretary: Patty Bradford, Interim
- Treasurer: Irene Chalek
- Members at Large (3): Ernie Greenslade, Wendy Shaffer, Sharon McManus
- Past President: Joan Scionti
Elections are held on a yearly basis: Offices are open to all members.
- Information sharing, peer interaction, and camaraderie;
- Member advocacy and support;
- Discussion and analysis of issues of common concern; and
- Potential to access group legal fund.
- Continued leadership in interpretation of management and non-unit classified packages and member support;
- Advocacy for Retirement Incentive Program;
- Improving working conditions through attention to Health, Safety, and Environment; and
- Promoting Professional Development Opportunities.
If you would like to join NECCAA please contact any board member, or just come to any general meeting and pay dues at that time.