Northern Essex Community College Administrators’ Association
The Northern Essex Community College Administrators’ Association is a professional organization dedicated to advocating for the improvement of the economic and professional well-being of its members and furthering the mission of the college. In addition, the organization exists to:
- Provide an organized forum to discuss common issues;
- Review interpretations and implementation of the personnel policies of the Board of Higher Education;
- Support and promote academic excellence through scholarships; and
- Pursue other related matters which affect the interests of the membership.
Membership is open to all full or part time (half time or greater) non-unit professionals and non-unit confidential secretaries, who are not members of the professional or other bargaining units as designated by the Massachusetts Labor Relations Commission. Dues are $25 per year, $10 of which goes to a scholarship fund for NECC students.
Our 2018 Scholarship winner is Diana Gonzalez Guarin, a student in the Engineering Science program who finished the spring semester with a 3.91 GPA. Congratulations Diana!
General membership meetings are held throughout the year. In addition, the Executive Board meets regularly, including periodic meetings with the college President.
Governance – 2018/19 Executive Board
- President: Mike Hearn
- Vice President: Sharon McDermot
- Secretary: Patty Bradford
- Treasurer: Irene Chalek
- Members at Large (3): Wendy Shaffer, Sharon McManus, Ramon Suero
- Past President: Joan Scionti
Elections are held on a yearly basis: Offices are open to all members.
- Information sharing, peer interaction, and camaraderie;
- Member advocacy and support;
- Discussion and analysis of issues of common concern; and
- Potential to access group legal fund.
- Continued leadership in interpretation of management and non-unit classified packages and member support;
- Advocacy for Retirement Incentive Program;
- Improving working conditions through attention to Health, Safety, and Environment; and
- Promoting Professional Development Opportunities.
If you would like to join NECCAA please contact any board member, or just come to any general meeting and pay dues at that time.