Finalist Resumes (viewable from on-campus only)
Full-Time Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs
Northern Essex Community College (NECC) is seeking a dynamic Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs who, with the Vice President, will co-lead the Academic and Student Affairs Division. The Assistant Vice President will have management responsibility for all of Student Affairs, including the Enrollment, Academic and Student Support, and Student Life and Conduct functions and units at the college.
NECC is engaged in a multi-year strategic effort to improve student success by completely overhauling the student experience. Part of this Integrated Student Experience initiative involves redesigning many physical spaces and business processes in Student Affairs.
The college’s next Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs will be a strategic, energetic, and strengths-based leader who can advance this Integrated Student Experience initiative, in close collaboration with the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs, as well as grow enrollment at a time of demographic challenges for community colleges in New England. The Assistant Vice President will have the opportunity to learn and grow in their responsibilities over time.
The Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs is responsible for leading all aspects of Student Affairs. Reporting to the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs, the Assistant Vice President is part of a dynamic leadership team that integrates Academic and Student Affairs to create a welcoming, structured, straightforward, and supportive student experience that allows students to further their academic and professional goals.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs include:
- Provide leadership and vision to all units in Student Affairs, including subordinates who supervise Enrollment (Admissions and Recruitment, Financial Aid and Student Financial Services, Registrar, Veterans and Military Service), Academic and Student Support (Academic Coaching, Advising, Career Services, Civic Engagement, Counseling and Psychological Services, Learning Accommodations, TRiO, Tutoring), Student Life and Conduct (Clubs, Conduct, Student Activities and Government), and Business Systems.
- Develop and implement strategic goals, budget, policy, and programming for Student Affairs. Ensure that institutional policies and practices provide fair and equitable treatment of all applicants and students.
- In tandem with the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs, lead the Integrated Student Experience initiative with particular responsibility for student onboarding, support, and extracurricular aspects of the student experience and for integrating the activities of Student and Academic Affairs units.
- In collaboration with Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs, be responsible for the college’s enrollment management goals and the execution of strategies to meet them.
- Responsible for oversight of Student Activities Fees and provide fiscal management of Student Accounts, Federal, State and Institutional Aid programs.
- Promote a positive student experience by maintaining high visibility on campus and effective lines of communication with student leaders, and serving as a strong advocate for student needs and engagement.
- Initiate cooperative relationships with appropriate higher education,
K-12 school, and community constituencies and act as liaison to the academic divisions to improve student success.
- Ensure that all programs and services in Student Affairs comply with relevant state and federal laws, and college policies.
- Represent the Vice President as his designee as assigned and as delegated.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Education or related field with extensive coursework in Student Affairs topics.
- A minimum of ten years of successful experience working in Higher Education Student Affairs (in Enrollment, Academic and Student Support, or Student Life and Conduct), at least five of which were in progressively responsible management positions.
- Ability to lead, manage, and delegate effectively across multiple areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of complex budgets and experience in developing and implementing business strategies.
- Ability to positively interact with a diverse population and uphold inclusive excellence.
- Demonstrated success at working on and leading cross-functional management teams.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated organizational ability to manage simultaneous projects and supervisory responsibilities.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent technical and computer skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and fluency in an integrated database system (preference for experience with Ellucian Banner, DegreeWorks, and a Student Lifecycle Management system software such as EAB Navigate).