The following are some information, links and/or documents on some common faculty/staff procedures at NECC.
DCE Adjunct Faculty Information:
- Adjunct Faculty Connector Website
- See Human Resources’ DCE Adjuncts Website for has forms, payroll information
- NECC’s College Policies Website (For College Statements, Policies & Disclosures, Academic Policies & Procedures, and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Policy)
NECC IT Service Desk:
- Contact information: 978-556-3111 or email@example.com
- for Computer/Phone/Email problems go to the Kace Systems Website to submit an IT ticket ( log in using your computer username and password). Click on ‘Knowledge Base’ link on same page for many technical how-to articles.
- Email How-To Guide Website
- For Contract Employees (i.e. Part-time Staff Associate work) see Human Resources’ Contract Employees Website for timesheets and biweekly payroll dates and timesheet submission dues dates.
- For Staff and Contract Employees (i.e. Part-time Staff Associate work) who submit electronic timesheets, you can go to the Mass HR Website to submit your attendance.
Self Service Procedures:
- Information on how to access Class Rosters and how to submit NP Rosters and Grades can be found on the Faculty & Staff Site’s Forms & Documents Website under the “Faculty” section.
- Visit NECC’s Official Bookstore Website . You can contact the bookstore at: Primary e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (978) 556-3999
- When ordering books, follow these instructions:
- NEW Exciting News from the Bookstore (10/19/21): NECC and Follett are implementing a new, quick and easy way to submit your course materials adoptions to the Bookstore. This program is called Follett Discover Adopt and it is all done through a link on Blackboard. Spring term is ready to accept adoptions, so as soon as faculty are assigned to sections, they can log into Blackboard and click on Follett Discover – Faculty, choose materials and submit to the bookstore. Please email email@example.com with any questions. Download the instructions: Faculty Guide to Follet Discover.
Field Trips: Anytime a faculty member wishes to take his/her class on a field trip outside of the college:
- The Dean of the division, the Administrative Assistant and the Registrar’s office need to be aware that the class is being held outside of the college. This is to ensure that a student can be contacted in case of emergency.
- Students need to have signed an Acknowledgment of Risk Form: print only PDF version and fillable PDF version to participate in field trip. Faculty must leave the signed forms with the division’s administrative assistant (BEFORE event takes place).
Finance Form Procedures:
- Finance Department Website
- Travel, mileage and other reimbursement forms and related policies please visit the Finance Department’s Forms, Procurement and Policies Information websites.
- Finance’s Resources Website that can assist you with finding the information you need to fill out your finance forms with the correct information.
To order office supplies: Please contact the coordinator/chair (if applicable) in your department to approve the cost to the program/department. Many Supplies can now be ordered in one through the College’s Office Supply Store: See the most current office supply listing and complete a Supply Requisition form through the Finance Office’s Procurement Website. Submit completed form to the Program Coordinator and/or your division’s administrative assistant for appropriate signature (from Dean/Assistant Dean) and submission.
PROGRAM COORDINATORS/DEPARTMENT CHAIRS
- Program Review and Outcomes Assessment website
- Course/Program changes/Special Topics procedures: all proposals concerning changes in courses / programs / options / certificates must be submitted to the Academic Affairs Committee before October 15 or March 15 of each semester. Please visit the Academic Affairs Committee: Forms & Information Website for forms and procedures.
- Core Academic Skills Website (information on application process to have courses receive intensive designations in each of the core skills)
For room/space reservations (classroom, conference, computer labs) please contact an administrative assistant:
Division of Business and Professional Studies
- Trish Butler, Administrative Assistant: 978-556-3879 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please visit Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Resources website for information on Interpreting Services, other accommodations and resources for the classroom or a meeting/event.
- Visit the Center for Accessibility Resources & Services Information (formerly Learning Accommodations) for additional resources.
- Center for Professional Development Website and Resources Website (which includes information on computer classes, trainings, teaching tools and contact information on faculty coaches etc.)
- To support professional development of NECC faculty and staff, funds are available for conference attendance, research and books. Please go to Professional Development Funds website for guidelines, forms and deadline information.
- Center for Instructional Technology Website The Center for Instructional Technology (CIT) and Distance Learning provides assistance in the adaptation of instructional technology, curriculum and instructional design services, multimedia development and web-enhanced interactivity. They offer one-on-one coaching and training, along with course development tools and materials as part of the faculty support system.
The Development office is available to assist faculty and staff with the grant process. The office can help you find outside funding to cover resources such as equipment costs and support for developing new online courses. The development office can be reached at:
Karen Rooney, Director of Grants Development
Phone: 978-556-3858, Email: email@example.com, Office: A310, Bentley Library – Haverhill Campus
- Please also view this PDF that gives a brief description of the grant process (Public Sector).
- For more information how grants are managed. Please visit NECC’s Finance Department’s Financial Planning and Analysis Website.
The NECC Fund Program grants are internal grants given to faculty, raised from private funds. For more information please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement:
Allison Dolan-Wilson, Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Phone: 978-556-3624, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Office: A317, Bentley Library – Haverhill Campus
- And visit their Website for more information (application, newsletter) on NECC FUND Program Grants