Procurement can assist you with any purchases you make on behalf of NECC. As an entity of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, NECC is required to comply with Mass. State Procurement guidelines. Use of state-approved vendors is encouraged. The advantage of using these vendors is realized in significant cost savings.
To verify if a selected vendor is on one of the state-approved lists, please refer to the following links:
COMMBUYS (OSD state contracts), MHEC (Mass. Higher Ed. Consortium), E & I (Education & Institutional Cooperative Purchasing)
Questions? Contact Beth Donovan (X3940) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delegation of Authority
- Food Policy
- Gift Card policy
- P-Card Policy
- Procurement Policy
- Travel Policy
Contact Beth (x3940) or email email@example.com with additional questions or to schedule a training session.
- Vendor List – NECC vendor I.D. numbers purchase requisitions. Updated Daily
- Chart of Accounts – Org and Index numbers ensure the college charges expenses to the correct budget and can identify the type of expense being incurred.
- Commonwealth of Mass Procurement Chart
- New Organizational Code Request Form– Please complete items #2 & 3 and return them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sole Source Procurement Form
Setting Up a New Vendor
Before a department conducts business with a new vendor, the following forms must be completed by the vendor and emailed to the Procurement Department email@example.com.
- New Vendor and EFT Form NEW TRY THE DIGITAL VERSION OF THE NEW VENDOR FORM (in test mode, feedback to Beth Donovan encouraged )
The Pcard Application Form should be completed for new Pcard requests and for requests for account modifications. Please contact Kelleigh O’Hearn x 3811 with questions.
Banner Self Service Instructions
Once a vendor is set up in Banner, a purchase requisition may be created to make a purchase. Follow the instructions below to create a requisition
- How to Create a Purchase Requisition
- How to Approve a Requisition
- How to See if a Requisition Has Been Approved
- How to Look Up a Document
Office & Toner Supplies
The NECC office supply store offers basic office supplies and commonly used toner cartridges available for quick and easy access. See below for supply lists and supply requisition forms. Contact Leo Castellanos at firstname.lastname@example.org (x3996) with NECC office supply store questions.
- Office Supply List
- Toner Supply List
- Supply Requisition form
- Other general supplies not available from the NECC store may be purchased through WB Mason or an Amazon Business Account – email email@example.com with your request.
- Amazon business accounts are available as needed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an account. NOTE: Personal Amazon accounts should not be used and purchases must always be shipped to a NECC business address. Not to a personal address.
After completing a competitive RFP process, NECC has entered into a 3 year pouring rights contract with Coca Cola. Effective immediately, any non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water should be purchased through Coca Cola.
If you have an event, meeting, etc. coming up that you will need bottled water and/or other non-alcoholic beverages (Not including coffee and milk products) you will need to plan in advance to ensure your order arrives in time. The preferred method of ordering is to submit your order using the newly developed Beverage Order Form and email it to the Director of Auxiliary Services at email@example.com at least 24 hours in advance of the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month. Once orders are placed, you can expect to have the order delivered by shipping and receiving to your specified location by the following Wednesday.
In addition, a limited amount of water will be on hand in the NECC Stockroom (see Office Supply List). Please use the Supply Requisition form to request this water.
Please note: for the remainder of FY23, as a Pilot Program, all related purchases/expenses and revenues/commissions will be charged to a central college org #. We will evaluate the Pilot Program next spring in order to make a determination for FY24.
Please reach out to Allison Gagne at firstname.lastname@example.org or David McDonald at email@example.com with any questions.
The Commonwealth of MA has set the following goals for workforce participation for minorities and women. The participation goals for a project shall be 15.3% for minorities and 6.9% for women. The Contractor shall strive to achieve on a project the labor workforce participation goals. Participation goals shall apply in each job category on a project.
- Weekly Certified Payroll Report (PDF)
- Weekly Certified Payroll Report (Excel)
- Statement of Compliance (PDF)
- Statement of Compliance (Word)
Negotiating a contract/agreement for goods or services?
All contracts/agreements/leases should be sent to the procurement office for review and processing and should be accompanied by the completed Contract Agreement Workflow Cover sheet. Please see below for instructions and a template. Contact Beth (x3940) with any questions.
Supplemental Forms as needed
Hiring an independent contractor?
Are you sure? State and Federal laws have become very specific about the need to clearly define employment status when hiring contractors. The first step is to complete this test to determine if the person is truly “independent.”
- Employment Status form -(a simple “test” to determine if you’re hiring an independent contractor or contract employee)
- NECC Policy (contract employee vs. independent contractor)–
- If you’ve completed the “test” and answered “no” to any of the questions, you are hiring a “contract employee” and therefore must work with Human Resources on the next steps.
- If you’ve completed the test and answered “yes” to the ALL of the questions, then you are procuring an independent contractor and will need the following:
- Independent Service Contract (ISC) -Complete the Independent Service Contract by obtaining a signature from the Independent contractor and the NECC department supervisor. Forward to Procurement for processing.
- w-9– Obtain completed w9 from the vendor and forward to procurement along with ISC.
Telework Reinstatement Form– To be completed at the request of CTO