Accounts Payable

Accounting & Finance maintains the general ledger of the college; pays all the bills of the college, including employee reimbursements; manages all revenue, cash and investment assets; and prepares the annual financial statements of the college.

Do you need instructions for how to get reimbursed for your business-related travel?  Need guidance about where to charge your business expenses?  Want to understand more about state policies and procedures regarding money?  The accounting team is here to help, contact us at

  • Budget Contact and Accounting Liaison List

Guidelines for Frequent Accounting Transactions

Hiring an independent contractor?

Are you sure?  State and Federal laws have become very specific about the need to clearly define employment status when hiring contractors.  The first step is to complete this test to determine if the person is truly “independent.”

  • Employment Status form (a simple “test” to determine if you’re hiring an independent contractor or employee)
  • NECC Policy (contract employee vs. independent contractor)

If you’ve completed the “test” and answered “yes” to any of the questions, you are actually hiring a “contract employee” and therefore must work with Human Resources on next steps.  If you’ve completed the test and answered no the all of the questions, then you are procuring an independent contractor and will need the following:

Processing an invoice from a vendor?

If a Purchase Order was previously issued for the goods/services, simply sign the invoice to verify that services have been received, and return the invoice to Accounts Payable, B201.  Contact Procurement for further assistance.

For invoices not related to a previously issued purchase order, you will need:

Questions about business travel expenses?

Other expense reimbursements (non-travel related)

Questions about a specific accounting policy?

Making a deposit?