If you are an individual who is employed at Northern Essex Community College and are requesting reasonable accommodation(s) under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA), you are encouraged to arrange a time to meet with the Designee ADA, Section 504 Compliance Officer, Justine Caron, in the Human Resources Office.
As the Director of Human Resources and the College’s ADA Coordinator, I am willing to dialogue regarding workplace accommodation(s) but will require certain medical information in order for me to determine if you are an otherwise qualified individual with a disability and entitled to an accommodation and if that accommodation is reasonable. This information should include the following:
- the specific nature of the disability;
- signs of manifestation of the disability;
- identification of those essential functions of your position that you are currently unable to perform due to the disability;
- identification of all life activities or tasks (i.e., personal hygiene, household chores, other professional work activities, caring for family members, exercise, etc.) you are unable to perform or are inhibited in performing due to the disability;
- a detailed and specific explanation of the accommodation(s) requested; and
- a reasonable assurance that you will be able to perform all essential functions of your position with the requested accommodation(s).
If you have any questions or if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at: 978-556-3956 or via e-mail at: email@example.com.
ADA, Section 504 Compliance Officer