- TAPSS-Division of Technology, Arts, Professional Studies, and Science
- Liberal Arts
- Health Professions Division Org Chart 6.22.2017
- Regular classes: Call Security
- Computer labs: Call IT (help desk). You may apply for digital ID for faster access-you will have to create a ticket with the help desk each semester to specify which computer lab rooms you’ll need access to.
- To find out if you will need an ID for your assigned computer lab, click on this link
- Login as you do for your email access. If your classroom is highlighted, you will need an ID for access.
- If you already have an ID you can activate it for your current rooms by clicking on this link
- If you don’t have an ID, please visit the Service Desk in Lawrence – L237 or in Haverhill – A341 to sign up. If you have any questions please contact the IT Service Desk at 978-556-3111.
All faculty are given a mailbox. Please check with your Department Administrative Assistant to find out where yours is located.
Sign up for Text Alerts
Setting Up Courses
Departmental suggestions – Departments may suggest items to be added onto the syllabus in addition to the required DCE checklist.
Your syllabus should be turned into your Division Admin by the end of first week of classes.
Core Academic Skills Intensive Course
Please articulate in your syllabus the “Intended Student Learning Outcomes” for the appropriate Intensive Course, which is found in the application.
There are three ways to submit a book adoption:
- An instructor can go to the Bookstore Website, and scroll down to the bottom of the page and under FACULTY SERVICES click Online Adoptions. As a new user fill in all of the information required. The “store password” is 1338.
- Call the Bookstore at 978-556-3999 and ask for Brenda, Leslie or Ray. We will take the information over the phone.
- An instructor can email the Bookstore email@example.com or the store manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may check the your course materials listing on Bookstore’s Textbook and Course Materials Website. Your department will be able to advise on when book adoptions are due.
Contact: Haverhill Campus E159B. Email Steve DiLeo at email@example.com
- Large copy orders use this form
- Small individual copying will need a copier code specific to your department. To receive your code contact your department Administrative Assistant or Steve DiLeo.
Final Exam Requirements
The date and time of your final exam must be articulated in your syllabus.
It is college policy and practice for all credit courses to have a final class on the date and at the time listed on the final exam schedule.
Your roster is found in Self Service Banner. You can access SSB by logging into My NECC.
SSB is found under Faculty & Staff Frequently Used Tools. Click on Faculty/Advisor tab, then Class List
Blackboard is the Learning Management System used at NECC to facilitate teaching and learning. In addition to its use for online teaching, BB is a fantastic tool to supplement face-to-face classes.
- Email Center for Instructional Technology (CIT) to help set up your BB shell and provide further training
You may receive a LA form from a student during the first week of school.
These are confidential disclosures and agreement discussing the specific needs of each student. Each student works with a counselor in the Learning Accommodations Center who will be your point of contact.
The Financial Aid office must receive a No-Show/Non-Participation (NS/NP) to confirm a student’s participation. You will receive an email with instructions from the Registrar’s office prior to the due dates. Dates are always posted on the Academic Calendar.
NECC abides by federal and state regulations to adjust financial aid for students according to these NP rosters.
The Starfish Early Success program is an early alert tool to identify academic concerns. Progress surveys are issued twice a semester. You will be notified by email by the Starfish staff. Starfish surveys can be accessed through MyNECC under Faculty and Staff Frequently Used Tools.
More information can be found at Starfish Resources.
Final grades are due after the end of final exam period. Dates are listed on the Academic Calendar.
NECC asks faculty to notify students and your Division Administrative Assistants when they will miss class due to illness, weather, or emergency.
-After 4:00pm, you may call Public Safety to place a note on the classroom door to notify students. Faculty are required to make up missed classes or provide alternative assignments.
In event of class cancellation or school closing, you are encouraged to use Blackboard to remotely manage your class. For more information, see Weather-Proofing Your Course
Every semester faculty are required to submit their syllabi to their Division for approval. Distant learning courses (online courses) are also required to submit a Distant Education Course Interaction Plan. Distance-Education-Course-Interaction-Plan-Form-DE-2
Employee Self-Service (direct online access to payroll)
- NECC Chapter leadership
- More information can be found on the NECCPA website
- DCE Adjunct and Part-time Member Information website
- Mass Community College Council (MCCC) Member Dues and Benefits Information
- You can access pay information using the Employee Self Service Link
- DCE pay schedule for the Fall 2017:
- Full Semester starts on 1/26/18 (one week’s pay) 2/09/18 until 06/01/18 paid bi-weekly
- Mini Session I starts on 1/26/18 (one week’s pay) 2/09/18 until 04/06/18 paid bi-weekly
- Mini Session II starts on 04/06/18 (one week’s pay) 4/20/18 until 06/01/18 bi-weekly
- Atomic Learning is an academic resource providing videos for professional development and classroom use. This can be accessed through MyNECC.
Shared Office Spaces
Photocopier in E168 (reprographics) open until 6:30pm
Photocopier in B205
Faculty lounge with digital lock-please contact Sharon McDermott or one of the adjunct fellows for code
Photocopier in 104A–faculty teaching in Opportunity work will be given a 4-digit access code to 104A to get access to 104B
Dimitri in L100-Behind security desk (currently under construction)
Photocopier in L100 (additional copier in Mailroom-behind Cafe)
Amesbury St. Building – Lower level
Photocopier near Math Lab
Riverwalk – LRW418, 420
Computers, docking stations and copier access