At NECC, Diversity encompasses all of the various individual identities on campus such as race/ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical ability, age and class.
The Diversity Committee is committed to building a college community where diversity is a valued as part of our common humanity. All members of the College- students, faculty and staff, bring a rich collection of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives to the academy.
The Diversity Committee is committed to recognizing, supporting and encouraging creative ways for all members of the college community to participate, celebrate, appreciate and learn about each other both in and outside the classroom.
- Encourage open communication about issues of diversity
- Promote inclusiveness in the college community
- Affirm the dignity of all persons on campus
- Support college efforts and activities that promote an appreciation of diversity
- Provide resources and opportunities to participate in diversity related activities